Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tracking investigations

I was filing papers on student investigations this morning when I realized how stupid and inconsistent it is.  I threw away several pages just yesterday from a notepad that I planned to give my son.  When I did that, I wondered how many of those pages I've thrown away over the years.  What if I were called upon to produce my notes from an investigation?  I know it is a rare event, but I guarantee Ann E could do it.

So I made this:

https://docs.google.com/a/staff.goshenschools.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDl0dkFNbnVLY2wtUHB3aWNBNVpHc3c6MQ#gid=0 

I think the idea is that I could record notes on these investigations on my iPad, on the computer, or on my phone.  I really don't want to have to transcribe them.  However, having a running spreadsheet could help me sort it by student, if necessary.

The question now is, which referrals or complaints DON'T get entered here?  Do I enter here for a referral a teacher gave me?  Every issue?  All fights?  Let's see how this goes.....

Goal Alignment:
This doesn't really align with my stated goal at all.  However, if I were to have a second goal, it would be something along the lines of "become more organized."

No comments:

Post a Comment