- I am not in the classroom
- I have no idea how they have actually benefited the students
- I have been somewhat jaded and pessimistic lately on this topic
SO....I think I'm going to farm this out to staff. I remember last year when we asked staff "what is good at GHS?" I think I will do the same for the laptop program. A simple list.
Goal Alignment
This aligns with my goal because it centers around making this a teacher-driven report, rather than one that just comes from my own head, and is another example of me reaching out to teachers.
EDIT: Here is the email I plan to send to teachers:
EDIT: Here is the email I plan to send to teachers:
Teachers and staff,
I’m opening up to you a bit today to share something in my
head that might surprise you. Like you, I have been frustrated by the
multitude of ways that our students have used their thinking and problem-solving
skills to get around various controls on the computers and goof off in
class. I have also found myself feeling more pessimistic lately about how
these computers are being used. The other day, Dr. Evans asked me to
provide him with a blurb about how these laptops have benefited our students,
how the learning process has been changed for the better, and overall how this
program has been worth the investment. I started to brainstorm a list of
positive changes as a result of the laptops, but my frustration lately has
quite honestly made it difficult for me to do so. That’s when I realized
– I’m not in the classroom. I’m only hearing the discipline reports, not
the good things that are going on.
Last spring, we put together a list of all of the good
things at GHS we could think of. Would you mind sharing with me the
things that are going well with the laptops? How has it benefited the
learning of students in your classrooms? How has it made life easier on
you as a teacher? I’m well aware of all of the problems going on and my
door is always open to listen to you on that topic and brainstorm solutions,
but what are the good things? If you email me, I will compile a
list and send it back to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment