Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Three questions

I was thinking this morning that I should have three questions in mind to ask myself whenever I am troubleshooting with a staff member to solve a problem.  Phil Lederach used to always ask, "what do you think we should do about that?" and that is easily a question to keep in mind.  What other questions should I be asking in order to 1) help the staff member fee comfortable and heard and 2) show leadership in solving the problem?

How about
  • What do you think we should do about that?
  • How can I help? (or, what do you need from me?)

Goals Alignment:
Part of my problem with staff is a lack of trust and involvement of teachers in the solutions.  Creating positive habits for problem-solving with teachers will help to re-establish trust and build relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment