Today, C gave me some of the anecdotal evidence that I am making what is hopefully acceptable progress toward my goal. C informed me that he had been eating lunch with a number of teachers when the topic of the recent technology committee meetings came up. More than one teacher remarked that they had seen a change in the way that I am dealing with staff, from delegating to making myself more available and visible, as well as my apparent outreach in terms of consensus. One teacher apparently told him that she didn't know what had caused the change, but that my attitude toward staff as a change agent (my words) had gone a complete 180 degree turn. This is very good news.
Obviously, I am not done yet, but I do attribute this progress to how I have been around the building more, between visiting with students at their classrooms instead of in my isolated office whenever I can and visiting with teachers instead of sending emails.
No comments:
Post a Comment