Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goal for the year

In November, I posted about SMART goals, mainly as a means of experimenting with this method as a journal/administrative IGP.  Based on those conversations I had with GHS teachers, I think I need to have a goal framed thus:


  • Specific
    • My relationship with staff will improve.
  • Measurable
    • Get data from teachers regarding perception of me as an administrator somehow.  This data will improve, regardless of the lack of quantitative initial data.
    • Feedback from C, J, and M come back with anecdotal evidence of improvement
  • Attainable
    • Yes....jeez, I hope so.
  • Relevant
    • My ability to work with staff as a school leader is dependent upon having positive relationships with staff members.  If staff members do not trust me, find me unapproachable, or see me as condescending, I cannot function effectively as a school leader.
  • Time-bound
    • By the end of this school year.
Goal:
  • By the end of this school year, my relationship with staff will have improved, as measured by anecdotal feedback from C, J, and M.
I'd like to also write goals about spending more quality time with family (or making my time with family higher-quality) and about reducing the negative self-talk in my head, but those aren't exactly measurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment